TL;DR - We want Horror in all formats (graphic novel, novel, collection). We will also publish short story (non-horror) collections. Non-fiction occult is a good submission, too. We do not take pitches or works in progress--also, no poetry. Everything submitted has to be your own--UNPUBLISHED work (this includes not using song lyrics or submitting self-published/blog work to us).
Got a horror novel? How about a collection of short stories? Poetry (sorry, no poetry!) Horror graphic novel?! Sure! We want raw. We want real. We want YOU! Seriously, if you send us Poetry--we are not reading it. You know who you are...
Our rules are simple:
- Send via Submittable a Cover letter (P.S. if you don't say at least Hi to us in the cover letter, Dr Jo kills it in the trashcan), a logline, a synopsis (no more than 1-2 pages!), the word count, and the first 30 pages of your novel/short story collection/graphic novel in doc/docx form.
- If you do submit somewhere else, tell us so we are aware.
- If we say 'yes', and if you accept, then you agree to our terms (Terms if we give you a print/ebook contract here; Terms if we give you a trial ebook contract here).
- If you we say 'no', we will try to give you feedback. That feedback might be 'this was damn close, if you want try this this and this the resubmit' or it might be 'sorry, but no thank you'. We might even suggest you to a related publisher.
Our offer is also simple:
- We don't charge a reader fee (beware of anyone who does)
- We don't charge our authors a damn cent (beware of anyone who does)
- We do not pay advances--but will pay royalty.
- You will have rights as described in the terms of the contract (but if you do make a damn movie out of this--remember us, eh?)
- We will do our best to push your book.
- We will treat you as one of the family (small prints ftw!) (No borrowing the car! Get home by 9! What's that on your face?! A PLEDGE PIN!?!!)
- We will entertain publishing things that most houses would blush reading.
Remember, by submitting you agree to the terms of the contracts. Also, no, we don't alter contracts. If you don't like it--well, there's the door :) --->