General Guideline Info:
Ricky's Back Yard is our web zine and themed anthology area for Czykmate Productions. We started as a theme anthology publisher where all the monies went to charity. Currently, Ricky's Back Yard is still publishing Weekly fiction/graphic art on the website (and with pay!). Czykmate Productions (https://www.czykmate.com) is where you'll find all of our anthologies and novels/novellas in ebook form (plus Amazon, B&N, Chapters, and some weird Swedish sites...).
What we are looking for is ‘interesting’ and ‘I need to see that again’ and ‘Jesus, that gave me a nightmare…’ Please note that this is not an offer to have stories about kittens in a blender or anything. We want submissions that are strong, punk, dark, humorous, and just strange enough to be true. If you have that story that other people wouldn’t touch with a 15-foot pole then send it over! Just make sure it’s worth the email postage before doing so.
Novels? Want them! Graphic Novels? Oh, hell ya! Short Story Collection? Damn right! F those other presses! Poetry!? Errm...we need to talk. It's not you, it's us (No Poetry).
If you want to submit your story or graphic work, please use this rather cool Submittable form. Emails are sooooo 2016.
Got a novel? How about a collection of short stories? Poetry (sorry, no poetry!) Graphic Novel?! Sure! We want raw. We want real. We want YOU!
Our rules are simple:
- Send via Submittable a Cover letter (P.S. if you don't say at least Hi to us in the cover letter, Dr Jo kills it in the trashcan), a logline, a synopsis (no more than 1-2 pages!), the word count, and the first 30 pages of your novel/short story collection/graphic novel in PDF form.
- If you do submit somewhere else, tell us so we are aware.
- If we say 'yes', and if you accept, then you agree to our terms (Terms if we give you a print/ebook contract here; Terms if we give you a trial ebook contract here).
- If you we say 'no', we will try to give you feedback. That feedback might be 'this was damn close, if you want try this this and this the resubmit' or it might be 'sorry, but no thank you'. We might even suggest you to a related publisher.
Our offer is also simple:
- We don't charge a reader fee (beware of anyone who does)
- We don't charge our authors a damn cent (beware of anyone who does)
- We do not pay advances--but will pay royalty.
- You will have rights as described in the terms of the contract (but if you do make a damn movie out of this--remember us, eh?)
- We will do our best to push your book.
- We will treat you as one of the family (small prints ftw!) (No borrowing the car! Get home by 9! What's that on your face?! A PLEDGE PIN!?!!)
- We will entertain publishing things that most houses would blush reading.
Remember, by submitting you agree to the terms of the contracts. Also, no, we don't alter contracts. If you don't like it--well, there's the door :) --->
Got something cool but your swag doesn't fit our theme? Maybe you have a killer artwork and you hate print due to the limited canvas and color restrictions. Maybe it's a flash fiction or even a microfiction? Heck, we'd love a short story or even novella. Do you wish you had hands? If any of the above sounds like you then the Weekly Dump of Arty Goodness is for you!
This is our 'online only' version of Ricky's Back Yard and is pays $2 CAD via PayPal or in person if you can catch me. Remember, by submitting, you agree to our contract here.
You know you want to submit--it's fun--plus where else would you get a Pushcart Prize nominating anthology who ran a graphic art story about literally fisting cancer in the peehole?